Home

Why is my smudge tool not working Photoshop

CS5 Smudge Tool no longer smudges, have reset pref

That worked well enough. As soon as I switched to the Blur tool, the paint tools stopped working. I can't even get Clone to work. I read online that you have to make sure the layer you're working on is selected in the Layer dock. I've done that, and it still won't work. I've attached my project for reference This is the correct behavior for the patch tool, it's designed to blend the patch into the surroundings. The grey smudge is coming from the black line to the left of your selection. I'd recommend looking into using the clone stamp tool, with a hard brush (and possibly a selection mask) you can be much more precise Check out another of my videos: BREAKDOWN: Select and Mask vs. Refine Edge - Photoshop CC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTw78XQNjAo-~-~~-~~~-~~-~-Check o..

Digital painting acorns like acrylics - YouTube

Sometimes it has frustrating issues, and the solution is not always clear. Here's a list of 10 annoying problems you might have with Photoshop, and simple solutions to fix them. They'll range from simple to complex, some dealing with why the program won't let you use your cursor tools, or why your cursor has changed shape How Smudging Works in Photoshop. Smudging is not a one-size-fits-all process. With the Smudge tool, the point in the layout on which you click is the color that you will be moving around the area. You can also choose the size of the brush that you use for smudging. A larger brush size will smudge a larger area than a small brush Introduction to Smudge Tool. Smudge Tool is used in Photoshop to create the messy smeared effect using ink, or with our fingers, for making effects that bring a liquefied flow, to help remove unwanted elements or scratches on old photos; smudge tool works by blending similarly to how we mix colors while painting on a canvas creating a lot of variation into the design work which is very useful. How To Fix The Brush Tool In Photoshop. It can be overwhelmingly frustrating when your brush tool stops working out of the blue. You aren't sure what went wrong or why it's suddenly not doing what you need it to. In most cases, there are only a few possible reasons why the brush tool stopped working in Photoshop

Sometimes a Tool from the Toolbox will not act the way it should. When that happens the first thing to try is to go up in the Options bar and way over on the left side there's a tiny arrow you can click on and choose Reset Tool. In this case, since your Blur tool is missing you should check something else first And, that goes for the other painting tools as well: the Healing Brushes, Clone Stamp, Eraser, Smudge Tool, Dodge and Burn, and so forth - they all share the brush functions and are all susceptible to those little errors - little errors that can create great headaches if you're not paying attention I created a quick video to demonstrate two solutions for when your Photoshop tool (brush, clone stamp, pen, pencil) is not working.http://novakphotos.com/htt.. - Now pick Smudge Tool from the toolbox. * To select this tool, click the toolbox and press the button S. Tool options: Mode - This option is not applicable for this tool. Opacity - This option is used to set the transparency level for the pointer. Brush - This option offers different types of pointers to smudge an image

Hello Colin, In my new Photoshop 2020 I can't see any words like File, Edit. and the names of the panels like Layers , Gradients.I also can't see x to close something. I can see the black bar but there are no words or signes on it. In fact, I can not work with this Photoshop. Many greetings Chri The Hidden Tools. Most of the default tools in the Toolbar have other tools hiding behind them, nested into the same spot. To view the other tools, either click and hold, or right-click (Win) / Control-click (Mac), on the default tool's icon. A fly-out menu will appear listing the other tools hiding behind it All software crashes. As a rule of thumb, you can always assume that the issue may be related to the file size you're working with. Even if large files don't slow down Photoshop completely, they still may affect its tools. If Liquify is crashing often, or taking too long to load your artwork, try out these solutions 1 Answer1. The problem seems to be that the Line tool stroke defaults to Stroke Inside the polygon, at least on my Windows machine. As the line does not have an inside area, nothing displays. The solution is to go to the Properties/Appearance window and change the type to the Stroke Center. I am answering my own question with a work-around. To use the Smudge Tool in Photoshop Elements, first select the Smudge Tool from the Toolbox and Tool Options Bar. It shares a spot on the Toolbox with the Blur and Sharpen tools. In the Tool Options Bar, set the brush stroke and other brush options, as desired. You can set the blending mode, brush, size and strength from the.

Photoshop: Smudge tool issue (CS6 through CC 2014) Adobe

1. Here's how you can do that: Right-click directly onto the downward facing arrow beside the tool icon on the Options Bar. A pop-up menu appears and you can choose to reset just that tool or reset all of your Photoshop tools. OR (and this is a longwinded way to do the same thing) Click on the downward facing arrow beside the tool
  2. And if this problem keeps up, there's no way you can see an end to the project you're working on. There are many things that can slow down your work in Photoshop. One of them is brush lag. Brush lag makes it incredibly difficult to draw or paint, because the Brush Tool isn't matching the speed at which you're trying to draw each stroke
  3. The Blur Tool lives in the toolbar on the left side of the Photoshop workspace window. To access it, located the teardrop icon, which you'll find grouped with the Sharpen Tool and Smudge Tool. Photoshop groups these tools together because they are all designed to either focus or defocus images

Photoshop 21.0.1: Problem with Smudge Tool Adobe ..

Photoshop Blur Tool Not Working. December 21, 2020 December 21, 2020 0 Comments. Photoshop is the most used software for photo editing and modification. It is more advanced than the other software released in recent times. There isn't anything we can't do with it. Morphing, cutting, sharpening, and many more Why is my lasso tool not working Photoshop? Uncheck 'Use Graphics Processor' in the upper right and check 'Legacy Compositing' under the options section in the same window. Then restart Photoshop and it should be working. Click to read in-depth answer Smudge tool freezes photoshop for a long time. I'm not using brushes with spacing on them. And my scratch disk has 90Gb. For some reason when i try smudging a little photoshop has to take a minute or a lot to load in the change. It's really annoying The blur tool is on Photoshop's Tools toolbar. The blur filter and blur tool work hand-in-hand with the sharpen filter to finalize the blurring process and further smooth out rough areas, if.

To apply the Smudge tool, just follow these steps: Open the image and select the Smudge tool from the Tools panel. Select the settings you want from the Options bar: Select a brush from the Brush Preset picker or Brushes panel. Use a small brush for smudging tiny areas, such as edges. Larger brushes produce drastic effects, so use them with care GIMP Smudge tool not working? 1 emeralds • 11 replies • 7,071 views ianbaker started 9/8/11 6:14 pm and replied 9/8/2011 7:38 pm I'm trying to work on a skin but my smudge tool seems to have no effect A common reason why the eyedropper tool stops working is because of incorrect tool settings. First, make sure that your layer thumbnail is selected and not the layer mask. Second, check that the sample type for the eyedropper tool is correct. By pressing I to access the Eyedropper Tool, go to the upper settings bar and change the. For ImageReady, to reset the layer mask tool, click Edit - Preferences - General - Reset All Tools. Resetting preferences. If restoring default settings don't work, then resetting preferences can do the trick to fix layer mask issues. For Photoshop 6 and higher versions, hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift keys during opening Photoshop or later If Photoshop starts being quirky, acting possessed, or just isn't working like it use to, it's time for a tune up. Follow these steps to get it working again.|If Photoshop starts being quirky, acting possessed, or just isn't working like it use to, it's time for a tune up. Follow these steps to get it working again.|If Photoshop starts being quirky, acting possessed, or just isn't working.

Patch tool randomly not working! Sometimes the patch tool works flawlessly. Other times, when I select an area that needs to be patched, and then I drag it over to another area where I want it to get pixel data from, it previews fine, but it always reverts back to what it was before after I stop dragging! I Googled the problem but nothing came up Then, go to AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop 2020 > Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings. Create a text file there giving this exact name PSUserConfig.txt and type the below command: # Use WinTab. UseSystemStylus 0. Finally, go back and open your Photoshop and check whether the pen pressure is working or not I don't know what those do. I'll have to get my hands on a copy of Photoshop so I can play with it. But yeah, bringing this Smudge tool on par with others like GIMP and Photoshop is definitely a goal I'm willing to work for in Photoshop: Open Photoshop on your computer. From the tools section, select the Brush tool. Open Brush Settings panel from the right pane. Here, select Shape Dynamics from the left section. In the right section of the panel, you will find a Control drop down menu. Here, select Pen Pressure from the drop-down menu My blur tool has stopped working. Period. It was working on the last piece of work i did (about 4hours ago now) but i cant get it to even make a mark or smudge. All my other effects are working. I am stumped. Can anyone tell me what to do? Nothing is 'locked' and its on a new layer. The document is 8cm x 8cm x 800dpi. Its just been desaturated

Learn how to smooth and blend colors in Photosho

1. SOLUTION: To solve the Photoshop not enough RAM issue, download the official Adobe Photoshop CC version.If you don't have pay a month subscription, you may download Photoshop free in several ways: use a Photoshop discount, download Adobe Photoshop Express or use Free Photoshop Trial for 7 days
  2. ute issues, that you can not find solution to. One of such Photoshop problem is 'Crop Tool Not Working'. This is not really any bug, and most of such issues are caused when we try to customize any tool, and next time you use it, something looks wrong
  3. I am going to assume that the problem you are facing is that when you select the brush tool inside your project and try to draw, it doesn't respond. So there might be any of the following issues with that:- * Go to Select->Deselect. You might have..
  4. Not sure about Photoshop, but in PaintshopPro, it is likely that the hardness is set at something less than 100 %, or possibly the same for the Density. try toggling off the visibility of all the layers except the one you're working on and the background layer. There could be something on another layer showing through. Also, a layer mask is.
  5. Blur Tool/Smudge Tool/Sharpen Tool - To blend color in various ranges. Dodge Tool - To highlight in different tone on any image. Text Tool - To write text anyway. Pen Tool - To draw paths around objects. Shape Tools - To give various shapes. Hand Tool - To move any area of an image. Zoom Tool - To zoom in and zoom out
  6. Welcome back to my tutorial series on how to use the Procreate drawing app. In this tutorial, we will be looking at how to use the brush tool, the smudge tool and the erase tool. There are lots of different preset brushes that are available to use when you download the app. Those are enough for beginners to experiment and play around
  7. To reset the Options Bar: Pick any tool from the Toolbox (I have the Move tool selected in my example): Right-click (Mac: Control+click) the picture of the tool at the far left of the Options Bar to access the reset tool menu: Reset this tool or all tools to restore the tool defaults: Pick OK. The tools return to their default settings

Fix Photoshop Drag and Drop Issue. So please do the following steps to fix drag and drop issues in photoshop. Step 1: Goto your search section on the Windows and type 'regedit'. You will see 'regedit' Run command item. Click on it. Step 3: Then, double click on SOFTWARE. Step 4: Then you will see a big list, find MICROSOFT. Many times while working in Photoshop I grab a tool and it doesn't do what its supposed to do. It can be frustrating and 99% of the time the cause is a setting in the Tool Options that was changed earlier when working with the tool and is still active. It's a great disruption to the flow of creativity and can just make you angry. When you encounter this problem the simplest method to get. The History Brush Tool. To activate the history brush tool, go to the tool bar. You'll also see the art history brush tool as well. The history brush is the 10th tool from the top, or hit Y on your keyboard. You can always access the quick command for any given tool by noting the letter to the right of the tool 3. Reduce File Size to Reduce Photoshop Brush Lag. If you find that your brush is still lagging, then the next step is to reduce the file size. It's so easy when working in photoshop to suddenly have an image with several different layers, all of which take up memory space and can cause the brush tool (or any photoshop tool) to lag The blur tool icon looks like a rain drop. It's on the tool panel which is defaulted to the left side of your Photoshop screen. If you right click it, you'll be presented with the smudge tool, the sharpen tool and the blur tool. We're focusing on blur in this article. If you're new to Photoshop, take this Photoshop 101 course

SMUDGE TOOL is so slow!!! Photoshop Gurus Foru

1. In Photoshop you can use the Stroke Path option with all the main tools: Brush Tool, eraser Tool, Smudge Tool, Burn Tool, etc. But the most used tool for stroking paths in Photoshop is the Brush Tool; so in this tutorial I am going to explain how this works. Pick the Brush Tool and choose a brush that you like
  2. My mask creation workflow (in Photoshop) requires that I use most paint/edit tools on a mask. After all, a mask is just a greyscale image. So, why is it that the Dodge and Burn tools (two of the tools that I use more often when creating masks) dont work with masks
  3. blur tool photoshop not working Uncategorized - No Comment
  4. Step 5 Apply Pattern Stamp Tool. Now, we are ready to paint. Paint on the layer named FLOWER with the Pattern Stamp Tool, use long strokes to do the outline of the flower and shorter strokes to fill in the flower.We can easily erase any mistake by using Eraser Tool. Now, resize your brush to 9 pixel and fill the area of the FlOWER
Digital Portrait Painting in Photoshop | Summer Vibes

Smudge colors in Adobe Fresc

1. If the Flow option is set to 0.00 (default), the Smudge tool uses the current brush to smudge colors on the active layer or a selection. It takes color in passing and uses it to mix it to the next colors it meets. When the Flow option is more than 0.00, the Smudge tool works as a brush using the foreground color of the toolbox and blend it with the underlying color
  2. Click on the Spot Healing Brush Tool. It looks like a band-aid except that it has a little semi-circle handle over it. If you can't find this tool, count seven icons down on the tools pallet and right-click on that. Once you right-click, you should see the rest of the tools. Hover your cursor over the band-aid icon that says Spot Healing.
  3. Simply sign in to download. Adobe Fresco brushes are included with a Photoshop subscription. If you don't have Photoshop, come join us. A brush with greatness. Meet Kyle. International award-winning illustrator and designer Kyle T. Webster has drawn for the New Yorker, TIME, The New York Times, Nike, IDEO, and many other notable companies
  4. Unchecking the smudge rate function sets smudge rate to 1.00 (not 0.00). Opacity: Below 0.50, there is practically no smudging left: keep opacity over 0.50. Differences: Spacing with Smearing: the lower the spacing, the smoother the effect, so for smearing with a round brush you may prefer a value of 0.05 or less
  5. The Eraser Tool is using a different brush than the one we painted with. That's because the Brush Tool and the Eraser Tool are separate tools, and they each have their own settings. In my case, the Eraser Tool is using a standard round brush set to a much smaller size than what I painted with. So the result is not was I was hoping for

Blur/Smudge/Clone tool no longer working (2018) — Help

These two work differently, despite the fact that they both work with pixels in designated layers. Try them with a new layer to see how they work. The Blur tools work by removing the contrast that separates adjacent pixels on a new layer. The Smudge tool works by moving the pixels; it literally pushes pixels around the new layer Step 1: Open the photo and zoom in. Open the photo you want to clean up and zoom in on the area you want to work with. Not too close, so you can still see what's going on. Click on the clone stamp tool in the tool bar on the left. Always duplicate the background layer before you start working Prior to Photoshop CS6, you could not work on a separate empty layer when using the Patch Tool, unlike the Spot and Healing Brushes. This meant that you had to duplicate the layer that you were working on. However, in Photoshop CS6, Content-Aware was introduced to the Patch Tool. So you can now work on an image using an empty layer

I guess time is moving on, and my machine is now over two years old. The dent of time as they say. I'm extremely happy that Photoshop CC is at least workable for me during my fading trial days. I'm still not convinced if it's worth upgrading for me - CS5 does what I need right now. Even though the dark interface looks kind of cool EDIT 2 [25-02-2014 11:00am BST] I received Adobe Photoshop CS6 as a birthday gift just a couple of days ago and whilst I was transferring all my settings etc. I decided to try out the Smudge Tool to see if there was any issues with this Version (I upgraded from CS3). I am happy to announce that it does work! Although Photoshop CS6 has Mixer Brushes (They are very similar to the Smudge Tool, I.

One of these is the Ellipse tool, which can be used to make not just ellipses but also circles. Draw an Ellipse or Make It a Circle. An ellipse, sometimes better known as an oval, is a curved shape. Photoshop's Ellipse tool allows you to create ellipses that are tall and narrow, wide and short, nearly round or just about any other way you choose When that drive runs out of space, it prevents Photoshop from working properly. For example, if Photoshop crashes in the middle of an editing session, this improper shutdown may leave large temporary files on the scratch disk. Consequently, Photoshop may not be able to reopen, so you must perform some troubleshooting on the hard drive Understanding the Eraser Tool in Photoshop. Photoshop has so many tools that it can quickly become confusing which one should be used to accomplish a certain effect or task. You've probably seen the little eraser in your toolbar and wondered a little bit about it. The Eraser Tool in Photoshop can come in handy, but it definitely has some pitfalls Introduction to Blur Tool In Photoshop. Blur tool, as the name suggests, is primarily used in Photoshop to create blur effect for pictures by manipulating the pixel values, contrast and sharpness, which helps refine an image at a final stage, rectifying minor imperfections and for creating a contrasting appearance to objects and it is evident that the blur tool is employed to highlight or. The Background Eraser tool is a useful Photoshop tool to give a new look to your image. Right-click (for Windows) or Control-click (for Mac) on the tools panel Standard Eraser Tool, a new menu will appear and select Background Eraser Tool. The crosshair and the brush cursor middle should stay at the same point

Photoshop -- How to stop patch tool from smudging nearby

Copy the file into the appropriate photoshop\presets\tools folder and you can access it from your Tool Presets window/menu. I like tool presets because they contain all of a tool's information (not just stuff in the brush menu) and can be used for things like the smudge tool. Drawing Brushes The adjustment brush tool in Lightroom is one of its most powerful editing tools. Getting acquainted to its use will let you significantly extend the amount of manipulation you can do without having to leave Lightroom. Unlike global adjustments, the adjustment tool selects and modifies specific image areas

Photoshop for iPad is not identical to the desktop software, but because it is based on the same code, the app looks and feels more like Photoshop than any other mobile app. Adobe says that the. I'm fairly new to digital art. I mostly use Procreate on iPad and I'm very fond of the smudge tool on there because it kinda just blends colors / pixels together effortlessly to make it look seamless. However, I'm having a different experience with photoshop. The smudge tool on PS seems to push the pixels around instead of blending them together

How to use the Smudge Tool! - Photoshop CC Tutoria

Does not work with Photoshop CC (2016). If you pick the smudge tool, paintbrush, spot healer, etc. it doesn't show you the bush size in a circle outline, regardless of the Caps Lock. Hitting left or right bracket will shrink or grow the brush size but it doesn't show you the actual brush. You have to try to tool to see what it is Later you can use a smaller, textured brush to blend the edges. No Smudge Tool, no soft brush, just the Eyedropper Tool and your hard brush with variable Flow. Remember: blending depends on the texture of the surface, so you can't use the same way of blending for every material! 10. Using 2D Textures for 3D Form

Sorry about the delay in my reply, dog walking. In answer to your questions, NO the spot healing brush doesn't work, YES the Patch tool works and YES the Red Eye tool works, i then reset the Healing brush to presets to default and tested the tool on Current layer, All layers and Current layer and below.....Still not working Vanishing Point is a Photoshop filter that allows objects and edits in your image to be scaled and oriented according to the image's perspective.. You can find Vanishing Point under the Filter menu (simply click Filter, then Vanishing Point).. Once you've selected the Vanishing Point filter, Photoshop opens a special workspace for all your in-perspective edits When working digital all of these problems are a distant memory. And the cool thing about Procreate is that it allows you to use the same brushes that you drew and painted with as smudge and erase tools. You'll find that all the settings are the same as you adjust your tools. This makes the learning curve much easier for the beginner user Photoshop CS6 gives you many options for lightening and darkening. Dodging and burning originated in the darkroom, where photographers salvage negatives containing areas that are too dark or too light by adding or subtracting a bit of exposure when an enlarger makes prints. With the Photoshop Dodge and Burn tools, you can set the size [

10 Common Photoshop Frustrations (and How to Fix Them in

Answer : It will duplicate the object with all the effects and styles in the new layer. Ques : This new feature in Photoshop CC 2017 replaced the Refine Edge tool. It allows you to work on the background of an image, such as applying blur effect. Which tool are we referring to Add final improvements with the Brush tool. Stage 2. Feather Edges (Photoshop option): the most common way to refine your selection. In general, Photoshop feather is used for softening the transition between a selection and a background. This tool perfectly addresses the concern of how to use smooth edges in Photoshop

How to Use the Smudge Tool in Photoshop - PHLEAR

Patch Tool. The Healing tool in PS has the bandaid icon. When clicked, it opens up this menu. You can also click the J key on your keyboard to access this tool. Here is an example of a simple landscape image that was cleaned up using the Spot Healing Brush Tool, and the Healing Brush Tool. Original Image - SOOC Here are my findings about why Nik 3.3 would not run in Photoshop 2021: Accessing Nik 3.3 Collection, as opposed to earlier versions, through Photoshop Filter/Nik Collection/ColorEffects is no longer functional. I was using this older method in my work flow. The new Selective tool (in Nik 3.0) must first be activated File/Automate/Nik. Keep in mind that all brushes will eventually lag if you make them big enough. The slower your CPU, the more trouble you will have If you want to see how my brushes perform for me, you can look at any of the video popups that you see when you hit the 'preview' button as you hover over any single brushes in the Shop. My computer is a 5 year old PC running Windows Just use this tool to paint over the areas that you don't want to change. You can adjust the brush settings in the properties panel, and you can modify the Mask options in its panel. If you painted on something you didn't want to, just press Alt to switch to the opposite tool: Thaw Mask. Credit: Tony Hernandez Hey Damien and co. Ive just tried to use my clone stamp tool for the first time since resetting my PS preferences to fix a different problem and its not working and I cant work out why. Ive searched the AD FB group and cant find an answer. Ive attached a screen shot of my workspace with the clone..

Smudge tool in Photoshop Learn How to Use - EDUCB

Wow! I had to go looking for it - the paint-bucket tool is still in Photoshop in 2020 ! if you click the 3 dots at the bottom of your toolbar (assuming you have it the default position on the left of the screen) then you'll see an expanded list of.. Simple answer.I can do it with my eyes closed. But less about my skills as a Photoshop Wizard, we're talking a newbie tutorial here. Luckily for you guys, feathering in Photoshop is not particularly hard, and with the guidance of me, Eddy, you will be able to feather your way through the harshest of situations from here on.. Feathering in photoshop is a skill that will add some style to.

8 Ways To Solve Common Brush Tool Problems In Photoshop

Hello again. Before I pull all my hair out, I'll ask. my add anchor point tool doesn't seem to be available. I've drswn an oval to alter and the tool won't work. [upset] I't's worked for me before, why not now? I know when I get the answer I'll be doing one of these faces, ;\\ Please help me.I.. This shortcut key activates the Paint Bucket Tool as well the set tools, i.e. the Gradient Tool and the 3D Material drop Tool. Step 2: Selecting a color for the Foreground. In order to start adding or selecting colors, we need to click on the Foreground Color swatch, which we see in the image Select the Slice tool from the Photoshop toolbox. If the tool is invisible, click and hold the right bottom corner of the Crop tool or other tools in the group. Once you see the Slice tool, select it by clicking over it. There are things that you need to consider before working with a Slice Tool The following article on using the healing tools in photoshop was submitted by Emma Cake from Big Bouquet Photography. If you take a look at the Toolbar in Photoshop you will notice that in CS3 there are two different heal tools - the Healing Brush and the Spot Healing Tool. Both Healing tools are excellent [

IMAGE EDITING TOOLS Some of the widely used Photoshop tools are:- Clone Stamp Tool Blur Tool Sharpen Tool Smudge Tool Doge Tool Burn Tool Sponge Tool 7. Clone Stamp Tool The clone stamp tool operates like a brush tool except that rather than selecting a color to paint with you select an area of the image to duplicate or clone by Ait+Clicking. Photoshop's Quick Mask mode is a really versatile way to select things. Instead of creating marquees as you do with the other tools, you can paint the selection using any of Photoshop's painting tools. You can even use the other selection tools on the Quick Mask, as if it was a regular image The CR key (above the right-hand Shift key on a standard keyboard) will start a new paragraph. The Enter Key (extreme lower right) will comit the text. where is the PS wish list? Top of the page, just under FAQs. We are talking the same key. I have always used the enter key (which has the CR back arrow on it) as the CR. This is above the right.

It is not in Creative Cloud as well, and I do not really understand why. The program contains many elements of Photoshop, including a full-fledged Camera RAW for the color correction. In general, this free Photoshop alternative is enough to work with the primary image editing - trimming, color correction, basic retouching A good antivirus program is not always capable of protecting an infected Photoshop crack file and the reason for this is quite simple. The thing is that in order to detect any threat, the developers have to add this very virus to the unified database; only in such a way, the software will detect a threat for your PC and cure it In the next step, we'll be using the Gradient tool to mask out parts of the image. Step 4: Create a Transparent Gradient. First, select the Gradient tool from the toolbar on the left. You can do this by simply pressing the G key or by clicking on it. There are three different tools nested here, so make sure you have the right one The Eyedropper Tool Settings in Adobe Illustrator. Double-click the Eyedropper in the tool panel to open the dialog box. By default, Appearance is checked in both columns: Eyedropper Picks Up, Eyedropper Applies. This setting is generally the most useful way to work in Illustrator. Appearance refers to things like stroke weight, color, fill. Clicking the arrow opens the Gradient Picker, with thumbnails of all the preset gradients we can choose from. To choose a gradient, click on its thumbnail, then press Enter (Win) / Return (Mac) on your keyboard, or click on any empty space in the Options Bar, to close the Gradient Picker. You can also double-click on the thumbnail, which will both select the gradient and close out of the. Puppet Warp in Photoshop 2020 (Windows 10) ceased to work. Couldn't see the pins let alone move them. Was advised to go to Edit, Preferences and check use Graphics processor which worked but then the Lasso tools didn't work. I contacted Adobe and had a long chat with someone there but could not resolve the issue